Sunday, April 15, 2007
I'm in...I think
"See, here's the thing..."
I've been thinking about running a marathon for a while now. I think I might just be in. I've really been working hard to up my running mileage. A month ago I could only run about 3 miles at a time. But today I ran 7.5! So can I do it? Sure. I can do anything I set my mind to. But do I really want to run 26 miles all at one time?

The Team in Training people have now contacted...twice. So perhaps that is a sign that I need to do this. I would have to raise almost $4000 but that would include my training, airfare, 3 night's stay, and the entry fee. The rest of the money would benefit the Luekemia and Lymphoma Society. I think that if I am going to run, I am going to run for a reason. Besides, Ty brought me $15 dollars of her own money last night and said, "Only $3,985 to go." Is that not the sweetest, most unselfish thing ever? Besides, that's just one more reason to run...my child believes in me.
Enough about my running...on to other things. The kids have adopted this dog that followed them home yesterday. It is the cutest little male chihuahua (with the exception of my Mickey). He is so sweet, but Mickey isn't very fond of him. We put up signs around the neighborhood today so maybe his owner will claim him soon. If not, I'm afraid we will have to adopt another dog, and I'm not quite sure that I am ready for that yet.

The kids have named him. Ty likes Taco and Ry likes Pluto.

I hope he has another name that his owner will share with us soon.

Ty and Ry Update: Ty will take the science TAKS test on Thursday. I'm sure that she will do just fine, but it never hurts to have some extra prayers. Ry's team won their game on Saturday. Ry got a hit and also got a kid out on 3rd base. The ball went straight to him so he picked it up and stepped on his base! I'm just glad that he was finally paying attention. I hope that he does that well during his games this week.




1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

WoW! I could never run a marathon! You could always just run a half marathon so it wasn't quite so long. Either way you will do great!

Sweet story about Ty!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer