Tuesday, April 24, 2007
To Run or Not to Run....That is the Question
"See, here's the thing..."
In my heart, I have definitely decided to run this marathon. But my head keeps talking me out of it! I wish it would just shut up - it would definitely make my decision a lot easier. I ran for 2 hours on Sunday - of course, I have no idea how far I ran since my iPod Nike sensor gave out. But, 2 hours is 2 hours, and I need to condition myself to run for large amounts of time. So, I have filled out all the paperwork, and just need to fill out the online registration form in order to get it set up. Michelle said that it is a leap of faith and I need to just do it. She's probably right....

On to more important issues. Today we had Alan November come and speak with administrators in the district. I was truly inspired by his vision. His ideas really fit with the vision that our district has for educating the 21st century students. While I was inspired, others were uncomfortable. Therefore the question shifted to , "How do we get teachers to share this vision and take on the challenges that he is proposing?""

Taco update: Our little stray has found his home. Sadly, I sort of miss him. :-(

Ty and Ry update:
Ty's results for both the reading and math TAKS tests have come back. She did awesome of course, and received commended on both. We are still awaiting the results of her science test, but I am sure that she did fantastic. In other news...she went to the dentist today because she has 3 teeth coming in over baby teeth that won't come out. He suggested pulling the teeth. Then, she will probably have to have braces to help guide those teeth into place. That's another $5,000!
Ry is finally "getting it." He is doing well in school. He is finally beginning to read simple sentences with sight words or words that he can sound out. He is also beginning to write words instead of scribbling when he decides to free write. The other day during church he decided to write his color words. Before, he would just write scribbles, but he actually chose to write WORDS! He's also finally starting to pay attention in baseball. He is hitting well and has gotten kids out on 3rd during the past several games.


1 Comments:

Blogger kunami8 said...

Let's face it,my grandchildre are awesome! Ty is beautiful- with teeth, without teeth, and even with extra teeth! Ry is brillant and does things on his own time table.Hummm -who does that remind me of! : )

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer