Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Marti's Top Six Reasons for Running a Marathon
"See, here's the thing..."
While I was running yesterday, I had nothing better to do than think...go figure. It seems that if I do not think about other things (besides making it to the next tree, house, or telephone pole) than I don't make it very far at all. So, yesterday I was trying to come up with a way to word my donation in order to make it funny. I just happened to come up with my top six reasons for running a marathon. Here goes:
6.) I have learned the precise science of Ice, Heat, Ice, Heat.
5.) I have blisters the size of Texas on my foot. And, as Edie put it, those blisters have blisters the size of California growing inside of them.
4.) I have rubbed raw spots in places that should NEVER be rubbed raw!
3.) I have made a new friend - Skin Lube. If you do not know what this is, do not ask. It's a subject better left alone.
2.) I have actually muttered the words, " I only have to run five miles today!"
1.) This is my favorite reason of all...I can actually eat carbs! Pasta, and bread, and bagels...oh my!
The best part of all of this is that I still have almost 6 more months of this! YEAH! :-)


1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer