Monday, September 10, 2007
Ready to Run
"See, here's the thing..."
I would be completely happy if I could run this marathon tomorrow. I can tell that my body is beginning to fatigue, and don't know how much longer that I can do this. I know that I have to do it for at least 6 more weeks. This is fine...I'm no quitter. And, I will be very proud of myself when I cross the finish line. I'll be even more proud when I reach my fundraising goal though. I still have about $1500 left to earn. I have various things going on that should help me to reach this goal, but I'm still a little skeptical. You know, I thought that the fundraising would be the easy part...but in reality, it has proven to be the hardest aspect of the Team in Training program.

So how is the training going otherwise? Well, I typically complete a long run on Sundays...whatever the scheduled mileage is. Then I usually run about 5 miles on 3 other days of the week before school. I ran 16 miles a week ago. I was supposed to do a 12 mile long run on Sunday, but the rain but a stop to that really quickly. Besides, if I can 16 miles, I'm pretty sure that I can do 12 miles. :-) This Sunday's long run is 18 miles...I'll let you know how that goes.

Ty and Ry update:
Ty has started middle school and all that goes with that. This includes band - she's playing the french horn - talking on the phone, and being a typical preteen. She also started piano lessons and diving again. She enjoys both and was really excited to start these back up.
Ry started first grade at my mom's elementary school and really enjoys it. He has several baseball friends there that he hangs out with, as well as a little girlfriend - she's the daughter of one of the other teacher's on my mom's hallway. He also is playing football this year, and is the quarterback...go figure. However, he comes home and wants to play baseball. When Keith asked him why he was playing baseball instead of football, his answer was, "because I like it." Good answer. Perhaps we should all take a lesson from a six year old...do things because you like them. :-)


2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

You crack me up. I am glad both kids are off to a good start. Yeah, today was a DAY for sure. At least it will be over soon.

Good luck running and with the fundraising!

Blogger Karen said...

When Ry is a famous baseball player one day, you'll have to share that little quote with him! GO RY!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer