Wednesday, May 9, 2007
We Are The Champions
"See, here's the thing..."
I have no real news about my running this week. I do seem to be getting a little bit faster and my blisters are fianally healing up. Yeah! :-) However, I still have not raised any money towards the $4,000 that I need. :-(

Ty and Ry Update:
Ty: So, here's the real reason that I wanted to post tonight. Ty competed in the district 5th grade Battle of the Books competition tonight. Battle of the Books is a competition where teams compete in rounds against each other. Each team is given 10 questions per round. If a team misses a question, the other team can "steal" the question in order to earn more points. The team with the most points after all of the questions have been asked wins the round. Ty's team competed in three rounds against teams from each of the other elementary schools in our district. They WON!!!!! So, they are our district's 5th grade Battle of the Books champions! They won a really pretty blue fleece blanket that has Battle of the Books on it. They were all so excited!
Ry: Although Ry didn't compete in anything like Battle of the Books this week, I still want to brag on him. He was so well behaved tonight during the whole competition, especially with very little to keep him occupied. During the first round, he sat very quitely and listened. During round two, he playing games on my cell phone. Round three was held in the library so he sat at a table in the back and read books. He is certainly growing up to be such a good little boy.
I am so proud of both of my kids tonight! :-)


1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Your kids are awesome!

I will donate to your running! Of course, I can't give you $4000! Maybe we can organize a fundraiser or something. We could wash cars or bake something. Maybe have a garage sale. I have stuff I need to get rid of. We could even have it here at my house. I could talk to my parents, my Sunday School class, the people I work with,and my friend Stacey across the street and see if they would like to donate anything. What do you think?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer